Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Living

Some days I wish I could bide my time; push the pause button on this great play unfolding before me, to use my days at a later point in life as not to waste them.  But this, whether it be a comedy, drama, or tragedy has no script and to hide from one day or another is worse than going to take a piss mid-way through that movie you waited for all summer and blew 20 bones to go see.  Incredible things happen when least expected, and if we fail to see any beauty or joy in one day or another it is our own fault and we need to try that much harder come the next day.  (watch the eastern horizon, it will come eventually)

In much the same way, there are other days when I feel there are a million things I wish to share with the world and haven't a single word to express them.  These are the days to remember it is okay to be quiet and seek solitude, to sit and let the world tell you something instead.

Still other days bring experiences that tell me "THIS, is what I live for!"  Experiences like this are not the same as simply enjoying something, and I believe cannot be communicated from one person to another.

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans."  -John Lennon

No comments:

Post a Comment